Monday, July 28, 2008

first day in Jordan

We just got back from a youth group meeting at the church here in Jordan. It is great to see everyone again, it doesn't feel like that it has already been a year since the last time I saw them. My trip today went well...long hours of waiting at check points and borders but I was still blessed. At the border I was able to watch a large crowd of men from Saudi Arabia who were all dressed in white robes, like the ones they usually wear on their 'religious journeys' (whatever these are called). Interesting!
An example of God's faithfulness: Since I don't have my cell phone anymore, I wasn't sure how everything would work out in case I need help. My taxi driver who drove to the Israeli border spoke German. At the Israeli border I met a lady from Kentucky, USA who speakes Arabic fluently. She and I stayed together till we reached the Jordanien border. Her cousin, who is Jordanian, was there to pick her up. Before they left he organized a taxi cap for me (got a very good deal for me), made sure the driver knew where to go and called my missionary friends to make sure everything is taken care of. It was a very fun day.

3 comments:

Janos said...

Very cool! Good to hear.
God bless you!

andrea k. said...

i'm praying for you today, an!
God is so faithful- it's cool to hear how He is working everything out for you.
guess what? i fly out in a week! :)
love, ann.

Anonymous said...

Hey Anja,
danke fuer alle deine Berichte. Man sieht, wo dein Herz ist. Könnte es sein, dass ....?
Ich freu mich schon darauf wenn du erzählst!!
Lass Jesus aus dir leuchten!
Andreas U.